Shudder: The Home for Halloween Giveaway
SHUDDER THE HOME FOR HALLOWEEN GIVEAWAY (“PROMOTION”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO THE SPONSOR AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER. YOUR NAME MAY BE USED ON INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER TO ANNOUNCE THAT YOU HAVE WON
By entering this promotion (this “Promotion”), entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. The Promotion begins on August 31, 2022 at 12:00 PM EST and ends on September 13, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST (“Promotion Period”).
2. SPONSOR: Digital Store LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, NY, NY 10001 (“Sponsor”)
3. ELIGIBILITY: OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF UNITED STATES (FIFTY (50) STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA), AND CANADA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC) WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF PRIMARY RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Marwar Junction, M3 Creative and their promotional partners (including, without limitation, promotion administrators, digital agencies and independent judging agencies), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, or web masters/suppliers, and their IRS dependents, immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules, the decisions of the judges regarding judging, and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects relating to the Sweepstakes. Void in Quebec and wherever prohibited by law, or where the registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with.
4. HOW TO ENTER. During the Promotion Period, an eligible participant may enter this Promotion through Instagram or Twitter. You will need an Instagram or a Twitter account in order to participate.
To enter the Sweepstakes, eligible individuals (“Entrants”) must follow the official @shudder account in either Twitter @shudder) or Instagram (@shudder) and either:
- a. Complete the required actions as describe in the specified post (an “Entry”) promoting the Sweepstakes on Twitter within the promotional period for the chance to win a Shudder’s 2022 Halloween press and influencer box. Promotional period and Shudder’s 2022 Halloween press and influencer box will be detailed in the post promoting the Sweepstakes.
- b. Complete the required actions as describe in the specified post (an “Entry”) promoting the Sweepstakes on Instagram within the promotional period for the chance to win a Shudder’s 2022 Halloween press and influencer box. Promotional period and Shudder’s 2022 Halloween press and influencer box will be detailed in the post promoting the Sweepstakes.
Only Entries recorded through Twitter or Instagram’s servers will be considered, and the sponsor’s computer clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor may not receive Entries from Twitter or Instagram users with private or protected accounts, due to each platform’s privacy policies, and such Entries will not be entered into the Sweepstakes. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram or Twitter account. Entries must be made by an individual person and cannot be generated by a group, bot, or other automated means.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. On or about October 31, 2022, three (3) winners will be selected via random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Potential winner will receive a direct message from the Sponsor at the Instagram or Twitter account used to participate in the Promotion; confirming that he/she was determined to be a winner and requesting the individual’s full name, email address and mailing address. Potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s winner notification within seventy-two (72) hours of notification or the Prize will be forfeited. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her Prize and an alternate Winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential Winners in accordance with the above procedure, after which the Prize may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Sponsor shall have no liability for any submission that is lost, intercepted or not received by the Sponsor. Decisions of the Sponsor are final on all matters relating to this Promotion, including interpretation of these Official Rules, determining the winner, and awarding of the prize. If a potential winner is a Canadian resident, potential winner will be required to correctly complete a mathematical skill testing question administered by e-mail.
6. PRIZE DESCRIPTION AND REDEMPTION CONDITIONS. There will be three (3) winner who each will receive one (1) Shudder’s 2022 Halloween press and influencer box. Approximate Retail Value of each Prize is $257. The prize will be awarded within approximately three weeks of the winner’s complete response to notification as required under Section 5. No substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, which has the right to substitute the prize with another of comparable or greater value. Sponsor will not replace a lost or stolen prize. Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt and/or use of the prize. Properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
7. PUBLICITY. Participating in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ and designees’ to use, publish, reproduce, and distribute for any purpose, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, print, internet, television, radio, and offline), each winner’s name, city, or biographical information, voice, or image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit, or right of review or approval.
8. TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases, discharges and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and any other party associated with the development, or administration or promotion of this Promotion, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, affiliated entities, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including, without limitation, legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”) arising out of or relating to the Promotion in any way. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize, including any claims for personal injury or otherwise relating in any way to the receipt of the services or the usage of the products awarded through this Promotion.
9. FORCE MAJEURE, DISCLAIMER/INTERNET: If for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its discretion, to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process and/or cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion and to select winner(s) from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or intending to abuse, threaten, or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Sponsor Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in acquisition, operation, or transmission of communications, line failure relating to theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems relating to, or technical malfunction of, any communications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or communications service provider, computer or other equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error, or traffic congestion of any communications system on the internet, or at any website, or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading of any materials in this Promotion.
10. CLAIM/CHOICE OF LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with any Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of New York. All participants who enter a Promotion agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of any Promotion or these Official Rules. Any and all claims, judgments and awards in connection with a Promotion shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with such Promotion but in no event attorney’s fees; and under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
12. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winner(s) of a Promotion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30) days following the conclusion of the Promotion.