Threads

Threads

Directed by Mick Jackson

In September 1984, it was aired on the BBC and shocked tens of millions of UK viewers. Four months later, it was broadcast in America on TBS and became the most watched basic cable program in history. After more than three decades, it remains one of the most acclaimed and shattering made-for- television movies of all time. Reece Dinsdale (Coronation Street), David Brierly (Doctor Who) and Karen Meagher (in a stunning debut performance) star in this “graphic and haunting” (People Magazine) docudrama about the effects of a nuclear attack on the working-class city of Sheffield, England as the fabric of society unravels.

This legendarily haunting docudrama depicts the effects of a nuclear attack on the working-class city of Sheffield, England.

Cast: Karen Meagher, Reece Dinsdale, David Brierly

Member Reviews

This is it. This is the only post-apocalypse film you need. This film is relentlessly harrowing. I wish someone would make a modern-day equivalent focused on climate change, but that's another matter. Watch. This. Movie.

debasr
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
3 days ago

I was at school when this came out and I remember it as being utterly terrifying. These years later it is an even more frightening film, so good in its refusal to play up collapse for tension or action

Manky17
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
20 days ago

The scariest part is how cavalier peoples attitudes are despite all the early warning signs until it hits the fan. Makes it feel very realistic and makes the second half even more of a gut punch.

Willzyx
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
21 days ago

I wouldnt classify this as a horror film but it is one of the most bleak and deppressing films based on reality (key word reality) that I have ever seen. Similiar to the book/movie "The Road". This is a docu/drama type film that follows a couple of families and government officials during a nuclear war. A truly haunting film. 3guysthathorror podcast.

3guysthathorror
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
22 days ago

first hour was excruciating to get thru. once the nuclear assault happened, no punches were pulled.

Sickhorrorfreak
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
a month ago