Threads

Threads

Directed by Mick Jackson

In September 1984, it was aired on the BBC and shocked tens of millions of UK viewers. Four months later, it was broadcast in America on TBS and became the most watched basic cable program in history. After more than three decades, it remains one of the most acclaimed and shattering made-for- television movies of all time. Reece Dinsdale (Coronation Street), David Brierly (Doctor Who) and Karen Meagher (in a stunning debut performance) star in this “graphic and haunting” (People Magazine) docudrama about the effects of a nuclear attack on the working-class city of Sheffield, England as the fabric of society unravels.

This legendarily haunting docudrama depicts the effects of a nuclear attack on the working-class city of Sheffield, England.

Cast: Karen Meagher, Reece Dinsdale, David Brierly

Member Reviews

A terrifying and brutal reminder of what could have been.

TIKank
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
4 days ago

Bravo for Shudder for showing this movie! I was terrified when I first saw this as a kid in the 80s and never saw it again until now. And it's still terrifying (esp. with the state of the world today with North Korea, Russia etc.) It took me a few days just to process this movie and write this review.

Dpac2239
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
4 days ago

Absolutely chilling.

ezziboo
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
6 days ago

Serious and sober. The nightmare we've all had. The unthinkable possibility that today seems more like prophecy. Scary? Hell yes.

TomRoman
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
12 days ago

A truly horrific film serving as a reminder that no demon, ghoul, or vampire can match the horrors that lie within humanity. Excellent acting, atmosphere, pace and storytelling. At times it can feel hard to watch, but it's necessary for people to see.

khelric
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
svg-skull
13 days ago